Welcome to St. Mary's C of E School
'A loving Christian community, where everyone is valued and successfully achieves their full potential’
We aim to achieve this by;
- Creating a caring and well-ordered school where pupils, regardless of sex, race or disadvantage can learn and play in a happy, safe and secure environment. Ensuring our Staff and Volunteers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children.
- Encouraging pupils to achieve the highest standards possible in all they do and to develop their spiritual, moral, social and cultural attitudes, values and beliefs based upon Christian ideals and standards and including a respect and understanding of other people's religions and cultures.
- Teaching a broad curriculum which meets the needs of all of our children. This includes the core and foundation subjects of the National curriculum together with Religious Education according to the Manchester Church of England Diocesan Syllabus.
- Helping children foster an enjoyment of the learning process and develop enquiring minds capable of independent thought and the ability to question and argue rationally and to apply themselves responsibly to tasks.
- Building links with both the Church and Local Community and creating a spirit of co-operation and support for all partners.
As parents and carers we really need you to be part of our vision by supporting your school and your children through the work that we do and the challenges we will set the children.
We believe in an open door policy. Please feel free to contact us at school if you have any concerns about your child or the school.
We hope the time you and your children spend here as part of our school family will be a happy one.