St Mary's C of E
Primary School Moston
A loving Christian community, where everyone is valued and successfully achieves their full potential.
Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
We meet as a full governing body once a term, and then there is a Finance Committee and a Curriculum Committee, which also meets once or twice a term, and a Pay and Appraisals Committee. Occasionally we will meet in smaller groups for a particular purpose, as needs arise.
We have three core functions:
· To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
· To hold leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
· To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
We all have links with different aspects of the school, and visit as often as we can to get to know how the school is delivering high standards for all the children.
We have a strategic role to work in partnership with the headteacher and other staff. We are involved in:
· setting the school's aims and policies;
· improving standards of teaching and achievement;
· setting the school's budget plan and monitoring expenditure;
· interviewing and appointing teachers and support staff;
· acting as link between the church, the local community and the school;
· dealing with complaints about the school;
· drawing up an action plan after an inspection, and monitoring the success of the plan
If you have any questions, please contact us using the governor email address:
The Governing Body of St. Mary's C of E Primary School
|Ms Janna Welsby||Co-Chair of Governors|
|Mrs Samantha White||Co-Chair of Governors|
The Structure of the Governing Body
|Full Name||Type of Governor||Date Appointed||Appointed by:||Term of Office ends||Register of Interests|
|Mrs Joyce Roberts||Foundation||31/08/20||Diocese||31/08/24||None|
|Mr Paul Stephenson||Headteacher||01/09/22||Staff||31/08/26||None|
|Mrs Joanne Butler||Foundation||31/08/20||Parochial Church Council||31/08/24||None|
|Mr Nathan Martin||Foundation||01/12/21||Parochial Church Council||01/12/25||None|
|Miss Norma Bowerbank||Foundation||31/08/20||Parochial Church Council||31/08/24||None|
|Ms. Janna Welsby||Authority||31/08/20||Local Authority||31/08/24||None|
|Mrs Jane Winterbottom||Staff||01/02/19||Staff||31/08/23||None|
|Mrs Emefa Bonsu||Parent||10/01/23||Parents at the School||10/01/27||None|
|Miss Letitia Grant-Brown||Parent||21/10/21||Parents at the School||21/10/25||None|
|Mrs Samantha White||Diocesan||01/06/2019||Parochial Church Council||05/12/25||None|
|Mr Peter Higham||Foundation||01/02/2021||Parochial Church Council||01/02/24||None|
|Mrs Linda Riddell||Associate||01/09/2019||Governors||31/08/23||None|
|Name||Chair of Committee|
|Curriculum Committee||Mrs Samantha White|
|Finance Committee||Mr Peter Higham|
|Pay and Appraisal Committee||Ms Janna Welsby|
Governors with a responsibility